My Photo
Name:
Location: Plaigne, Aude, France

I am an author and mother of 7 children ranging from 8 years to 26 years, who has been living in France for 18 years. Angel Cuddle Publishing is dedicated to all sorts of writing, world peace and environmental solutions to heal Mother Earth. Enjoy my blogs and sites!

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Remember

Yesterday evening, I was checking my e-mails and I started thinking about Daddy and I pictured him smiling at me. As I was picturing him, I opened an e-mail, inviting me to go along to a forum where the Greek host, Georgios, had posted a message about Homer, Achilles and Troy. Georgios had written out the words to « Remember », the theme tune/song to the film, « Troy » and had included a Youtube link to the song and video clip.

Firstly, I read the lyrics and I was still picturing Daddy. It was as if he was speaking to me. I decided to watch the video. I had tears in my eyes. Yes, I'm a big softy! I’d like to share this video with you. I’ve also written out the words for you; well, actually I cheated and copied and pasted the lyric’s from Georgios’ posting.

I hope you enjoy the video and can see and fully understand the message from our ancestors and loved ones. It is truly inspiring, warming and comforting. Our ancestors, now our angels, are guiding and supporting us, if we let them. They have much wisdom to hand on to us.

« Troy » is, of course, about the Trojan War and I don’t usually advise people to watch something about fighting and war, but there is so much depth to this message in the song and the tale of Troy. We have to look beyond.

Homer was a great epic writer and his hero, Achilles was the greatest of all warriors. The mother of Achilles had told him of his destiny. He was fully aware. He wanted to die glorious. He did. As my friend Georgios pointed out, what made Achilles special was when the King of Troy asked for the body of his dead son, Hector. Achilles went to the body and shed tears; he remembered his mother saying: « respect and honour the elders and your ‘enemies‘. »

I will finish with a quote from Homer:

« Be always the best; excel among the others. »

REMEMBER

Remember, I will still be here,
As long as you hold me, in your memory

Remember, when your dreams have ended,
Time can be transcended,
Just remember me

I am the one star that keeps burning, so brightly,
It is the last light, to fade into the rising sun

I'm with you,
Whenever you tell,
My story,
For I am all I've done

Remember, I will still be here,
As long as you hold me, in your memory,
Remember me

I am that one voice, in the cold wind,
That whispers,
And if you listen, you'll hear me call across the sky

As long as,
I still can reach out, and touch you,
Then I will never die

Remember, I'll never leave you,
If you will only,
Remember me

Remember me...

Remember, I will still be here,
As long as you hold me,
In your memory

Remember,
When your dreams have ended,
Time can be transcended,
I live forever,
Remember me

Remember me,
Remember... me...

Artist:Josh Groban with Tanja Tzarovska Lyrics Song: Remember Lyrics

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home